Thursday, December 07, 2006

It just keeps getting better around here. I just got a bill for $3206.88 from the gas company. They didn't even give me a chance to make payments or explain. Nothing. The gas has already been cut, so now we have no heat, and no hot water. Just in time for Christmas.
I don't even know how I"ll tell KK and J. Who cares about fucking Christmas gifts when you have no heat? We lived for over a year boiling water in a pot for hot water, and I can't do it again. It took me 2 months to pay off the $1200 that we owed hydro. This will take us 4 or 5 months, and in the meantime - no hot water or heat.
I may not be around for awhile, guys. This is something that I just can't deal with right now. Sorry about the language. If I'm not back before, have a good holiday.
Bridget
I just read the fine print. Tomorrow the water gets cut. With no water, the kids can't live here. If Children's Aid finds out, they'll take them away. Merry Christmas, kids.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? $3000? They are ripping you off!!!! What jerks.

Do you have a fireplace?

My thoughts are with you, and seriously, if there is anything I can do by sending a little Christmas cheer your way, e-mail me: crush720@gmail.com

Liz said...

Oh Biddie! I'm so sorry to hear this. What horrible timing. If I had extra money (haha) I would send it to you straight away. Please hang in there, remember, that which doesn't kill us....

You know the rest.

Anonymous said...

You know where I am. I can't believe they let it get to $3,200? How many months is that? Can they take payments?

Get in touch with me...let's see what we can do, 'kay?

Call the water company right now...now and give them whatever you have to keep the water on, ... that will stave off C.A. - again...
get in touch...we will do what we can.

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

(picking my jaw up off the floor)... How the hell can that be?! I don't understand...

dilling said...

wtf? how can they possibly let a bill go that long in the first place? can you find a legal aid attorney? there's no possible way that what they're doing is legal, is there?

whimsical brainpan said...

I am so sorry. I wish there was something that I could do to help. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how things go.

Anonymous said...

How can that bill be so high? I don't know what to say. I'm sorry Biddie.