Sunday, August 05, 2007
I have been tagged by Rain, my newest blog buddy, to tell you 8 random facts about me or my habits. For those of who that have been reading me since the beginning, you probably know everything except my bra size...and I'm not about to tell you that! A girl has to have SOME secrets.
1. I took grade 9 two years in a row, and then I was skipped ahead to grade 11. Never really had grade 10. Does that make me an idiot or a freaking genius?
2. I hate using the telephone. Hate it. I will talk to Heidi, and when we do, we may be on the phone for over an hour, but we don't call each other that often. I call my sister, too, and I have even gotten phone calls from a couple of super cute blog buddies....I will answer the phone. I just hate PHONING people sometimes...It seems like such a chore. I don't know why that is. I think that alot of has to do with my depression.
3. I have more blog friends than 'real' friends. It's true. I seldom leave the house, and I haven't worked in years, so it's hard to maintain friendships. The friends that I do have I have had for YEARS (more than half of my life), but I find it difficult to meet new people. Might be easier if I ever left the house....
4. Speaking of which, I left the house for the first time ALONE in almost one year last month. Had to. I had to see my shrink.. It was the day of aunt's funeral, and I knew that I would be seeing my Mum. What I didn't know is that I would be seeing Mission Mary (dear old step mom) there as well, and by the end of the night, my brain would be snapping. Thank goodness I made it there before that happened.
5. I almost ran away to keep my ex from getting my kids. Yup, I did. I was almost one of those Movie-Of-Week Moms. Jessie's father decided back in 2001 that he wanted custody, and I was TIRED. Just plain tired. I had been fighting with ex number 1 for years over KK and KC, and I was all alone. I just didn't feel like I could do the whole thing again. My Mum was still on speaking terms(ish) with me, and was going to give us a place to live....Anyway, long story short? Shawn and I got serious, and I realized that Geoff didn't stand a chance at custody. I stayed, I fought, I won. Thank goodness. I can't imagine living like that...I would have though. The environment at his house is NOT healthy, and I would do anything for my kids.
6. I hate bugs. HATE them. Doesn't really matter what kind (unless it's a ladybug, they're good luck). I mean, I worked in the morgue, right? No problem. But bugs? That's a whole other story!
7. I think that I'm addicted to The 2 Corey's. I make no apologies. That's just the way it is.
8. I love my dog. I mean I LOVE my dog. LOVE. She is the light of my life. Of sure, I have kids, and they're ok, too, but Ruby? She's the best.
Now, for the tagging. I tag...Heidi, Canadian Flake, and Marni. Don't forget to let your friends know that you have tagged them! :0)