Sunday, January 18, 2009

We had a great visit with my SIL. She is so sweet, and incredibly funny. I laughed like I haven't laughed in ages, and it was just what I needed. As you can see, we had fun at Bumble's expense. He is so good natured that he will let us do just about anything to him. I think that Ruby is ready to go any day now. All she does is sleep. Well, she did perk up when SIL found the doggie treats. That is what finally Ruby over - the cookies. After SIL gave her a bunch of treats, Ruby was her best friend.
I think that TMOC must be missing his wife. He called to tell her that he was having beans and weenies for dinner - oh, and that he cleaned the kitchen. He is bored to tears, and I suspect, terribly lonely. I think back to Shawn's trip to The Studio in November and how lonely I was. I had the kids, two dogs, all of the other pets. All he has is three cats.
I am catching a cold and this complicates my life in the most unwelcome way. Well, what complications are welcome?
I go for my dental surgery on Tuesday. I am so not looking forward to it, but it has been cancelled twice before. Maybe three times. At this point, I just want to get it over with. The days leading up to my appointments are always dreadful, and to have to cancel yet another appointment...It would make me crazy(er). I mean, really, the stress is gonna kill me.
I made an appointment to see my shrink, too. Unbelievably, I got one for this Friday. I have no idea if I will be able to talk by then, but with my shrink, talking really doesn`t matter. I can just shake my head and I will out in about three minutes anyway. I will, however, get a refill on my meds.

I am feeling much improved. I think that it has to do with Shawn going back to work. Not just for the obvious reasons (money can be exchanged for goods and services), but the fact that Shawn is always upbeat and chipper when he is busy. He is not one of these people that just sit around (like me, lol). He needs to be busy. We are ALL happier when he is busy.
I suspect that our personal relationship will be much improved when the money issues are taken care of. I know that we always have money issues, we are not independently wealthy. We have struggled for many years now, but this has been awful. Christmas is the worst time to be worried about money and with the disconnection of the phone hanging over our heads, it doesn`t make matters any easier. In a couple of weeks, this will all be a memory..I hope.
Ok, friends, Ruby is acting out of character and we are keeping a close eye on her. Who knows, tonight might be the night......

10 comments:

aims said...

Oh Biddie. At first I thought you were saying Ruby's days were done and I almost started crying. Then I remembered that you said she was so fat and you were going to be a grandmother!

As for shrinks. 20 mins. max. They make good money don't they?

Rick Rockhill said...

glad you are (sort of) feeling better. That photo of Bumble with the glasses is soooo cute!

The Preacherman said...

anon - I'm trying to find a connection between dogs and Mohammed....mmmmmm

Ruby's had a great life with you if time is up. remember that babe x

Burfica said...

yeah wouldn't life be so much easier if we all could do away with money problems?? So..you won't ship me a rumble?? guess they wouldn't keep good in a box huh?? hahahahah

Heidi the Hick said...

She's that close already??? What's a dog's gestation? I didn't guess at Christmas that she was pregnant!

Well that is exciting!

whimsical brainpan said...

I love the picture of Bumble! I hope Ruby has a healthy litter soon.

I'm glad you had fun with your SIL, that Shawn is back to work, and that you feel a little better.

I hope the cold goes away and your surgery goes well.

Anonymous said...

hola!! entra a esta web esta genial
WWW.MSNCONTACTOS.ES
Saludos me encanto tu blog nos vemos
Alexbarcelona

farmer dave said...

good to hear your feeling better and hope rubys pups pop out sooner rather than later lol, its good to laugh its been a while since ive had a good old laugh, correct me if iam wrong but arnt weenies sausages or another name we use is bangers

Michael Colvin said...

It is good to hear that things are going fairly well for you all - and Bumble looks like a slightly squiffy newsreader!

Anonymous said...

ouch hope all went well at the dentists.
not long till you are a grandma now!