Thursday, June 15, 2006

Life, or something like it

Iam doing this for one reason, and one reason only.The voices in my head.Ok, two reasons-my best, dearest friend,hickchic.I secretly suspect that she is sick of being my shrink.She has been with me for all of it:2 ugly divorces,3 babies,the death of my Dad, an impromptu'vacation'complete with padded rooms and room service in the form of angry nurses passing out unspecified pills.The end result for Hickchic, is that now she has her own shrink.Hmmmmmm......
It's not all depressing.Not by a long shot.I have a very INTERESTING family,had an odd job or two, spent 18 months in the most beautiful province of Nova Scotia,raised 3 daughters, and laughed a lot along the way.
Maybe one of the most interesting person in my life is my male relative, sometimes referred to as The Mayor Of Crazyville.
TMOC came to stay with us(2 teens,15&18, our11yr.old, my construction-worker hubby-to-be, and me)in November.He was here to spend time with a terminally ill relative, & I knew that this visit would be more business than pleasure.What I didn't expect were late night black outs, midnight bleach burning,and cockatiels dressed in long johns.
The voices in my head may not be exclusive to me.Hubby got up one night, to use the bathroom.He came back into room laughing,and advised me to check on said Mayor. What I found was this:TMOC, in the kitchen stirring a large stockpot.I asked"whatca doin',TMOC?"
Grunts.
I continue on into the livingroom, where I find my birds' cage, wrapped up neatly- in Hubbys new long johns.Uh huh.
Back into the kitchen.TMOC, is still stirring his...What the hell is it?I peer into the steaming stinking mess to find boiling bleach, the dogs water bowl and ... Hubbys expensive adjustable wrench.Of course.
And I was worried about the voices in my head?

2 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Biddie THIS is why I wanted you to blog. You are frickin hilarious.

(And you're not the reason why I have my own shrink now, silly! It's the voices!)

Biddie said...

Thank goodness, the guilt was unbearable