1. I am a notorious garbage picker, much to the kids dismay. Shawn and I actually got our washing machine from the side of the road last year. It was less than 3 years old, and it was being tossed away because it was missing a button. We don't have a car, so we brought it home on a skate board. We just slapped it on the skateboard and rolled it across one of the busiest streets in the city.
2. My father, a swinging single guy in the 70's, dated my grade 3 teacher, Miss M. I had her for grades 3, 4, and 5. They dated secretly for awhile, and when they broke up, she tried to have me held back. I remember going to a meeting at the school, but it wasn't until just shortly before my Dad passed away that he told me the whole truth. Miss M was angry at being dumped, and tried to fail me because of it. We had to go before the school board and she came close to being fired. I made it to the next grade, but Miss M was always so hard on me. Now I know why. Thanks, Dad.
3. I had a made up boyfriend in grade 6. (Think Jan Brady and George Glass). His name was Christopher, and of course, he was SOOOO cute. I am so embarrassed.
4. I introduced my best friend, Heidi, to her hubby, Jethro, a childhood friend that I have known since I was 10. This means that between them, Heidi and Jethro know pretty much everything that there is to know about me. Scary thought.
5. I accidentally wore my pants to college in side out one day. I had been really sick, and had rushed out the door to make my bus. I made it half way through the morning before anyone noticed. I could have died, I was that embarrassed. I didn't rush to the bathroom to change, however. I waited until our next break, and chastized everyone that was laughing at me for not being able to think 'outside of the box.'