Sunday, June 17, 2007

June 16th marks my one year mark since I started blogging. I got dragged into this kicking and screaming (ok, that might be a bit of an exaggeration) by my bestest Heidi, who thought - scratch that - KNEW that the voices in my head needed an outlet.



I really had no idea where I was going with this little blog of mine, and I absolutely had no idea that I would make so many wonderful friends along the way. You all know who you are. You do.



Today is also fathers day, and since my Dad passed away 8 years ago, today is all about Shawn. I didn't make him breakfast in bed, but I did make coffee...That is HUGE for me, people. I will make supper tonight, too. Since I hate cooking, and avoid the kitchen like the plague, that will probably knock Shawn over with a feather.



Yesterday I had a visit from two of my very favourite people in the whole world. Heidi and Jethro. Oh, yeah, all of our kids were there, too, and Ruby's Larry stopped by (I think that Heidi will tell you more about him), but for me, it was all about Heidi.



I get very selfish when it comes to sharing my time with Heidi and Jethro. I have known Jethro since were 10, and Heidi and I have been friends since we were 15. They don't live that far away, really, but we don't have a working car, and between horse/farm time, Jethro's job, and Shawn's jobs....our visits are few and far between. Our time togther never seems like enough.



Yesterday was no exception, but I was happy to share it with Larry. What a storyteller! He had us in stitches more than once, and I can't wait to hear Heidi's account of the afternoon.



Of course, no afternoon with Heidi is complete without photos of Ruby and The Pug. No matter how many boyfriends Ruby has, it's clear to us that The Pug will always be number one in her heart.

25 comments:

dilling said...

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

good luck with dinner!

dilling said...

oh, how could I forget?

Happy Blogiversary to you and happy Father's Day to Shawn.

Biddie said...

dilling - thank you - I'll need more than luck when I make dinner tonight. I HATE cooking. Makes me cry.
Shawn is having a great day so far..and thanks for the Blogiversary wishes..

katy said...

happy blogiversary Biddie, must check when i started you know i havent got a clue!
i don't enjoy cooking, its a standing joke that terry only knows when dinner is ready when he hears the 'ping' of the microwave!
glad you had a great day with friends.

Michael Colvin said...

Happy Blog birthday or whatever it's called. Keep up the good work! Mine is only a month away and you Biddie were my very first commentor!


And when you said Shawn will be on the floor from your cooking is that what you really meant? Ha Ha!

Biddie said...

her indoors - Thank you. Sorry that you couldn't make it yesterday..Shawn usually listens for the ping of the nuker, too! LOL!

Tod - That's right, we do have that very special connection, don't we? I had ALMOST forgotten.
Shawn will be on the floor at the very THOUGHT of my cooking, thank you very much! LOL!

Heidi the Hick said...

HAPPY BLOGGIVERSARY!!!!

And I can't remember if I told him yesterday, so in case I didn't, please tell Shawn HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!

It never does seem like we get enough visit time, but like you said, we are each the type to hermit in our own homes! It was a good visit though. Always is. Look for the Larry story sometime around noon tomorrow. Could take a bit of composing to do him justice...

I'm glad I dragged you into this. (It really wasn't that difficult!) You have a way with words, girl. Always have.

Here's to many, many more words!!!!!

whimsical brainpan said...

Happy Blogday!

I hope there are many, many more.

DJ Kirkby said...

Hi, I found you on Paddy's blog. What is a PSW?

captain corky said...

I'm really glad that you started blogging. I consider you to be a really good friend even though we've never met face to face.

CindyDianne said...

Sounds like good times! Happy Blogiversary!!!

You said "I really had no idea where I was going with this little blog of mine"... do you have an idea now or are you still just shooting from the hip like I am?

Heidi the Hick said...

THe Larry Report is up!

I am really not a good reporter...I think I should stick to fiction. But this guy's better than fiction!

Biddie said...

Heidi - I am sure that there will be many,many,many,MANY more words. :) Thanks. For everything.

whimsical - Thank you! Here's hoping!

dj kirkby - Thanks for stopping by. A PSW is a Person Support Worker. Come by anytime!

Corky - Well, you know that I consider you to be a great friend, too! You and Allyson are still coming for a fishing vacation, right? :)

Cindydianne - I really don't have a clue most days...Some days, I seem to have a path, or set course...other days, I'm just shooting from the hip! I can't believe how many friends I have made here, and how much support I have gotten from my blog friends...Still blows me away!

Heidi - You again?! I just came from your place. I wish that we would have taken a photo, too. The post is great, really, I think that you could write a novel about Larry.

Molly said...

Happy Blogiversary Biddie,
Even if they are not able to visit often, I am glad that Heidi and Jethro are close by. Since your other blogging friends cannot stop to visit in person, I am glad that we have this chance to chat in the Blog World.

Biddie said...

mjd - I love my little blog world! I really do! I am glad that Jethro and Heidi made it out, too. Might not see them again now until Christmas...SIGH...

FOUR DINNERS said...

1 year eh? Time flys when yer havin' fun. Keep the faith babe x

Biddie said...

4D - One year already...Can hardly believe it myself..Working on keeping the faith everyday. :)

Heidi the Hick said...

Me again.

We'll be out in your neck of the woods second week of July...but I might not have wheels. OR high speed internet!!! Gahhhhhhh!!!!!!

I might actually ahve to pick up a phone, and like, CALL YOU.

Biddie said...

heidi - The PHONE? GAHHH?

Heidi the Hick said...

NOOOOOO!!!!

NOT THE PHONE!!!!!!!

WE HATES THE PHONE, PRECIOUSSSS WE HATES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Momentary Madness said...

Happy belated Birthday, I've had my head up a monkey's hole lately, it's the equivalent to the ostrich syndrome..
Cheers! Y;-) Paddy

Gardenia said...

Well, I'm glad you are blogging - its amazing to think how this turned out - the time, the detailed journeys, the sharing..........

Biddie said...

paddy - my b-day is actually on the 26th, but thank you! :) Heidi lives out of town, so we celebrate when we can!

gardenia - I am SO happy to be blogging. Not even I could have imagined the difference that it has have made in my life..the many wonderful people that I have met, the journey has been incredible...

Gardenia said...

Ohhhhhhh, in going back over your posts for ones I missed and found the gorgeous pictures of the dogs with the purple light.

Biddie said...

gardenia - The purlpe light is just b/c I always use my cell phone! LOL. I STILL can't figure out a digi cam, so this is my alternative. Thanks for the compliments, tho. :)