Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Smirnoff Black Cherry and Ruby's Larry

KC was kind enough to leave me some booze. It's not much, but I seldom drink, and I haven't eaten much. I really shouldn't be drinking, anyway, because I've had a craptastic day. Straight up, this black cherry stuff kind of rocks...

We have a neighbour, that I call Ruby's Larry. He has crazy white hair, and always stops to visit with Ruby. He has no choice. She insists. She sits in the window and watches for him. When he goes by, she barks uncontrolably until he stops...Poor Larry. He sits, or better yet, will actually lay in the grass with her and talk and play...Sometimes, I mow the grass around him.

No problem, it's Larry. You do what you have to do. I always thought that Larry was just an eccentric member of our little community. Ruby's Larry.

He stopped by tonight, and as he was playing with Ruby in the grass, he started talking to Kayla and I about some of his old friends, former jobs, and places that he once lived. Turns out that Ruby's Larry is an accomplished actor.
It's true. I googled him. He worked with Joey Ramone (had to pick Kayla up off of the walk way after she heard that) and has done some real acting. Don't I feel foolish. The guy that plays with my dog in the grass is a real, honest to goodness accomplished actor.

Is my face red. Yup.

Mind you, it could be the Smirnoff. Which is almost gone. Not quite drunk, but feeling good.
Later.

13 comments:

Biddie said...

Ans Kc said that it wouldn't be enough to get me drunk. HA!

captain corky said...

I love smirnoff Vodka. If it was Friday I would be joining you right now, but then again you're probably sleeping right now.

Biddie said...

Corky - Well, I'm awake now (for quite awhile, actually) and feeling like shit.
Vodka bad.

Canadian flake said...

Ok am I gonna sound dumb if I don't know who Joey Ramone is?

Heidi the Hick said...

This is awesome. Just pure awesome.

Would Crazy Larry let you take his picture and blog it?????

Biddie said...

Canadian Flake - If you're not into punk music, then I guess that you might know the Ramones...no big..:)

Heidi -LOL. He might, if you don't call him Crazy Larry.

Momentary Madness said...

Goog for you, and you have given me a new word I absolutely love it; best word I've heard in years:craptastic. You could nearly say that's an oxymoron rolled into one word or maybe you can't, but I think so anyway. Who cares...people rule OK.
Y;-) Paddy

katy said...

paddy you beat me to it I love that word craptastic going to use that one a lot! so your Ruby has an actor friend eh!

Liz said...

I had a similar day on Wednesday. Got off work at 2 and started drinking on an empty stomach. By 11 at night I was trashed. I only drank beer though, I'm not allowed to drink vodka. I turn into the meanest, sloppiest bitch on vodka, but man do I miss it.

Biddie said...

Paddy - I really can't take the credit for craptastic. KC uses that word all of the time..I do love it, though!

Her indoors - Yup, Ruby has a famous friend! Who knew!?

Nonny - Where the hell have you been? I have been looking all over for you! Good grief!
I didn't get completely trashed, cuz I ran outta booze, but I did get sloppy. I am seldom mean, I normaly quite happy, although somewhat obnoxious.
Man, have I missed you.

FOUR DINNERS said...

If his surname's Olivier there's more than Smirnoff in that bottle

Anonymous said...

Smirnoff ice or smirnoff? You'd have to be fairly quick around here to catch a taste of either. I think they call that water in Colorado. When I get your bum out here, you're not drinkin at all dear! The altitude makes for a quick drunk. I loveyou, thanks for listening earlier. I'm tired of complaining to you. I guess everyone has their own personal
heaven........and their own private hell. xoxo hugs to all

whimsical brainpan said...

Cool!