Katy, over at Her Indoors, tagged me with a meme. It's a relief, really, because I have been feeling very down, and I just couldn't think of anything to blog.
So, I guess that I need to list 25 things that I NEED, and 5 things that I WANT. This is my chance to communicate my own needs as a survivor (of abuse). I think that this will be good for me.
1. I need PEACE. Peace in my heart, in my mind, and in my home.
2. I need my meds. It seems so simple, but I am still waiting to see my shrink, and the wait is incredibly long and painful.
3. I need to realize that staying away from people that are toxic - even if you love them - is the best thing for me, and my family.
4. I need to work on my self esteem.
5. I need to spend more time with people that I love and that love me back.
6. I need to write more.
7. I need to be hugged.
8. I need more sleep.
9. I need to remember that children are not responsible for the actions of the adults around them.
10. I need to stop blaming myself for some things.
11. I need to visit my sister.
12. I need to forgive myself.
13. I need to forgive others.
14. I need to stop pretending.
15. I need Ruby.
16. I need to spend more time with my girls.
17. I need to feel like I am not alone.
18. I need friends.
19. I need to feel normal.
20. I need to leave my house more often.
21. I need to do things for others. It makes me feel great.
22. I need my jammie pants.
23. I need Shawn
24. I need new contacts and glasses.
25. I need to feel secure.
Now, for the list of WANTS.
1. I want to be happy again.
2. I want for my loved ones to be safe.
3. I want a cure for diabetes.
4. I want enough money to get by every month.
5. I want a ring on my finger.
That was actually much easier than I thought it would be. Apparently, I have a lot of needs :)
I know that most of blog buddies don't care much for meme's, so I will just ask that anyone that wants to can do their own. I'm glad that I did this. It feels good to share with you all.