My electricity went out yesterday, just as I was getting in to A Haunting. It didn't just flicker and go out, but blew out, like something from a B movie. There was a huge zap, we could hear sizzeling, and the whole house vibrated. So did the church next door, just as the parishoners were arriving.
Everyone was stumped as to the cause. Even the beat cops on the corner couldn't figure it out. It took my Hubby, as usual, to save the day. He knew right away that the hairless, smoking squirrel at the foot of the hydro pole had to be the culprit. Poor little guy, Never knew what hit him.
It took less than an hour to get the problem fixed, and the hydro workers removed the charred corpse.
I still feel bad for the little squirrel.....