Monday, May 21, 2007









Our little Pork Chop was almost dognapped today. Shawn put the pups out for a few minutes, and went into the back yard to check his garden. (We're trying to grow veggies this year) When he back out front, Ruby was there, and Porky was gone...It looked like she had slipped out of her collar. The strange thing is, that the crazy guy next door that is always talking the dogs knew EXACTLY where to find Porky. I'm telling ya, it's pretty bad when people are reduced to stealing dogs.


Last week, it was our lawn mower. The next door neighbours took it from back yard, and placed it in theirs. Yeah, like we'd never notice it. I love my house, and even our neighbourhood, but sometimes, it's just too much.




Have I ever mentioned that I have the coolest sister EVER? Well, I do. It seems that Lucky has a friend in the recording industry ( I think that he works for a major record label), and she has managed to get me tickets to the Beyonce concert here in August...I swear, I lucked out big time in the sister department. While I am not a huge Beyonce fan, I know 3 girls that are.
Speaking of Lucky, she is doing much better. She is still on oxygen, but she is at home with her family, and she is laughing again. What a beautiful sound.

14 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

What is up with your neighbors? It sounds like you need a very high fence (electrified maybe).

I'm so glad that Lucky is doing better.

CindyDianne said...

I assume that by almost dogknapped that she is still with y'all and as happy as Pork Chop can be?

Biddie said...

whimsical - We have achurch on one side of us, and a boarding house on the other side. The boarding house residents are a constant problem, although usually just a nuisance.
It must be the warm weather, but they are way more active and troublesome lately. I mean really, this guy didn't think that we would nortice our dog at his house?

Cindydianne - LOL. You got it. She is as happy as Porky can be! Shawn found her exactly where the 'helpful' neighbour 'guessed' that she would be. No explanantion as to how her collar and tags came off. We're keeping a close eye on her now...

Anonymous said...

strange people in this world....*raises eyebrow*

Biddie said...

heather - when did you sneak over here?

ldbug said...

glad your friend is doing better!!!

honestly, some people! stealing dogs and lawn mowers, just not right

katy said...

hope porky is ok from the dog nap ordeal poor doggy, nasty man! glad to hear Lucky is still on the up

CindyDianne said...

There are occassions when I think KB would like one of ours to be stolen. Of course, he'd be devasted if it really happened.

Biddie said...

ldbug - I know, lawn mowers and dogs...crazy. They would have had Porky for all of 10 minutes, and they would have BEGGED us to take her back!

her indoors - Porky is fine. She had herself a nice little walk..it scared me, though..I can't even put the pups out for a few minutes?
Lucky is feeling a bit better, and she is home now, so that's about the best that we can hope for right now. Still waiting on the results of some tests...

cindydianne - LOL! I know. I often thought that way about Porky, but when she went missing, it scared the heck outta me. Poor angry pup!

dilling said...

did they know what they were getting with PorkChop? I thought good ole Pork Chop had a bit of a grumpy streak?!?
Yay for Lucky
Yay for the concert...I guess, if that's what you like.....

Biddie said...

dilling - SHe IS grumpy! She puts on a good act for the neighbours, tho! My grumpy pup!
Lucky sounds like crap tonight, but she IS home, so that's a bonus.
Beyonce, is NOT one of fav's, but for my Jessie? I will do almost anything. Heidi and her girl will be going, too, so it will be fun!

captain corky said...

I'm glad your sister is home and feeling better. Your neighbor sounds like a real freak!

Momentary Madness said...

Lucky you (can I come)
Check out YouTube: Destiny's Child -singing Ooh Child by Donnie McClurkin, a song that has been covered by a lot of artists.
Listen I could arrange the adoption papers before August.....
Ha!!. Y;-) Paddy
PS: keep an eye on your dogs, there are some who think they make very nice Curry dishes. Ha!!

Biddie said...

corky - you don't know that half it when it comes to the neighbours!

Paddy - I am actually not a Beyonce fan, but I hear that it's a good show. My sister hooked me up with the tickets for free, and I just couldn't resist! Adoption papers by August? Sounds good to me. I am an orphan, you know....