Wednesday, July 12, 2006

1987

I enrolled in school shortly after my return to Ontario. I started grade 11 on January 31,1987. It was much different than the junior high that I had last attended, and much larger than my highschool in my little home town. Things were changing, too fast for me to keep up with. I was now in the city with TMOC,many miles away from Dartmouth.
I was scared as hell that 1st day, but I didn't see any way out of it. It was just something that had to be done, no way around it. I was taking math, science, english and business. I was in a sea of strange faces,and it felt like I was drowning. I was praying for a miracle when I got one.
English class, roll call. Mr.V, our teacher,called out a familiar name. It couldn't be,could it? There in the back row, closet to the window, sat JETHRO!
I had my miracle!
Jethro and I wwere from the same town, along with Heidi ( aka Hickchic ).It wasn't long before we were all spending time together, cutting classes, and hanging out in Jethro's car. Those few months were heavenly in so many ways. Life with TMOC and Amazon wasn't always great, but we did have some good times. TMOC was 21, Amazon was 19 and I was 17. life had so many possibilities back then,nothing seemed impossible.
I was committed to starting over, getting my life back on track, being , as my dad put it,"a productive memeber of society".
That was the plan, anyway.
The plan got side tracked when I met Randi.
Randi and I were introduced by mutal friends that thought we would good together. I thought that he was kinda cute, funny, and he seemed sweet. It wasn't long before we were an item,completely inseperable. We were kids, and we thought that that we weree in love.
On week after my 18th birthday,4 months into our budding relationship, I got news that would change my life forever.
I was pregnant.

1 comment:

Heidi the Hick said...

TMOC was 21

Man, that makes me really old.