Thursday, July 13, 2006

Enough Already

I have just spent another sleepless night tossing and turning in my bed. I have a feeling that K.C. didn't sleep much, either.
K.C. has a tough decision to make. I could make it for her, but this is one that she needs to make for herself. If you read my rant the other day, you know that we spent the better part of the day in court. What I didn't tell you was that we have at least 12 more hours of testimony and court time left. That's a low estimate. GotNo is calling his own witnesses, and K.C. hasn't called hers yet. GotNo's "legal advisement" spent about an hour grilling Kristy, and he told the Crown Attorney that he is only half way through. That means that this whole stupid mess will drag on into August, and maybe even into September.
The Crown Attorney spoke with GotNo about a program that would take him ( and K.C. ) out of the court room and into a less formal forum, where they could resolve their issues. GotNo is mad at ME, so he won't do it. His motivation is anger,not seeking justice, or finding the truth. I wonder if this travesty will ever end.
K.C. wants to drop the case. She doesn't want to miss work, or spend her summer in court. She is not sleeping, the stress and anger is beginning to affect her physically.
I'm angry with my self, for encouraging her to solve this through the legal venue. It's a sham. This drug dealer is still a part of our lives. I want this to be over, finito, done. K.C. could drop the case.It is an option. The problem is, that if she does, the next time that he tries to hit her with his car, or follows her around town or threatens to kill her,will she be taken seriously? Will the powers that be look at her as trouble maker, someone who can't follow through? What message will this send to GotNo? He will continue his destuctive ways,and who knows who will be next?
As a mom, I want to keep my kids safe. We as parents strive to protect our kids from any harm. I don't know what to tell my daughter. I don't know where to go from here. I feel like the legal system is allowing GotNo to continue with his bullshit, and on their dime. Why are they allowing this to continue after he admitted to dealing drugs, told the Crown that he hates me, and therefore will not agree to mediation? At what point does the Judge think that we have enough evidence?
I wish that I had the answer. I wish that I could protect my daughter from this bottom feeding, drug dealing, crazy man. I wish that the court system didn't make people feel victimized twice. The truth is, I don't have the answer. I can't protect my kids, and, the whole damn court system is a Mickey mouse affair.
I can't help my daughter to make the right choice. The choice is hers alone.

3 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I can't believe it is 2006 and still, women are being blamed for being abused.

It's sick.

What does your lawyer say? Can they make him do VORP?

Biddie said...

No, they can't make him do VORP, which I don't understand. They can strongly suggest it, but they can't force him. If the police would've pressed charges, I think that it would be different.
I don't understand...It takes a death to be taken seriously, and by then it's too late. It's so frustrating.
On a brighter note, I hope that K.C. learns to never back down. After this, everything else should be a cakewalk.

Sandy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

I am raising a five year old boy. I am forever telling him right from wrong, etc. I hope that I will raise him to be a decent, smart, and responsible man. Good luck!