Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rantings of an Angry Mom

Today was hell. My 2 eldest girls and I had to go to court. K.C. is seeking a peace bond against GotNo, the drug dealing ex-neighbour that made our lives a living nightmare. He woke us up at all hours,threatened my kids (even the 10 year old), slashed our tires,and pushed drugs on my kids.
We arrived at 11:30 am, and didn't get out of there until 5:30pm. His rights are more protected than K.C.'s, we found out the hard way. While we had to disclose all of our evidence, he had the right to remain silent - this means that he doesn't have to share HIS with us. His agent is his dad, the same guy that 2 weeks ago tried to imtimidate us at the court house. He asked personal questions - 'why does your mom live with S if they aren't married'? ( meanwhile, GotNo is shacked up with his woman ). None of it makes any sense to me. My daughter felt like she had been assaulted, and GotNo left the court house smiling. The same landlord that told us that he couldn't help us in anyway because he hasn't witnessed any events himself, was at the court house today to testify against us. More accurately, against my daughter. So was the no account woman with 5 - FIVE - kids that K.C. babysat for free. She is still angry with K.C. for not watching her kids on New Years.
It seems to me that this is more about a popularity contest than actual justice. All my girl wants is some peace of mind. GotNo says that he is harmless, yet he asked the court more than once for our new address. He is a confessed drug trafficer. What more does it take? I'm afraid that one of my kids will be hurt, or worse. He has made threats. But HEY, I understand.
He's got his rights.

3 comments:

dilling said...

You have moved, right? And surely the courts are not releasing your personal information?!? I tend to think that most pushers(at least those on the low end of the totem), are chicken, when it comes right down to it...though that may not be based in reality. I AM a chicken, when it comes right down to it, too. But I love my house and my neighbours...I love living close to downtown. I don't understand why a landlord doesn't lose his property in these cases... has he even evicted the guy?

Heidi the Hick said...

What a mess. My heart breaks for her. She's so young to have to deal with this.

I wish I knew something helpful to say.

I AM SO RELIEVED THAT YOU DON'T LIVE THERE ANYMORE.

Biddie said...

We HAVE moved, we live downtown now, too and we love it! The courts have not released our personal info. The landlord has not evicted the guy,'cause drug revenue is pretty decent, and his rent is always on time. It's so frustrating. The house that we live in now is owned by a church,and we couldn't be happier....